OCTOBER CHALLENGE 2017:
BE INSPIRED BY HENRI CARTIER-BRESSON
Shooting periode October 1 – October 31, 2017.
Here we go:
I told you that you would get the October challenge ahead of time. Use the week till October 1 (when you can start shooting) for preparation and think through how you want to meet the challenge.
The October challenge is what New Street Agenda calls an I s p i r a t i o n a l.
Here is what you are asked to do:
1) Study Henri Cartier-Bressons works;
2) Pick a couple of photos that you study in depth;
3) Capture a few pictures of your own that visually can be recognised as being inspired by a photograph made by Henri Cartier-Bresson;
4) Post your fine photo(s) to this site;
5) Sit back and take comments from fellow members of the group;
6) Engage in the conversation.
The photographs will be measured on Originality, Execution and Recognition related to the photo that inspired you.
When you submit your photo post a link to the original HCB photo gather inspired you. Don’t post the photo that inspired you unless you have permission to do so from Magnum.
Do your very best. Sloppy work will take no interest and no comments. Max submissions for the October challenge is 3 photographs per member.
On Street Agenda wishes Good Camera Work to you all :-).
September 19, 2017.
Link to work site: